Monday, September 19, 2011
about the previous entry, some said i wasn't being fair, some demanded a proper review and some saying i was seeking publicity through my blog. first of, since the day this blog was first written the tone has never changed, read through it and you'll find out. as such, 'seeking publicity' is an accusation which is uncalled for. but of course i wouldn't resort to calling names because i believe they are entitled to do so. but here is how i see it from a logic standpoint, 'publicity' would only be beneficial to me if i am doing this for a living. however that is not the case and as such doesn't make sense, pointless and irrelevant. perhaps why they love the movie so much.
however, i would like to address about the reasons behind the previous entry. and for the benefit of everyone i will 'try' and write some parts in bahasa melayu. be entertained.
1) on 'sampah'. untuk menjawab berkenaan sampah saya akan memberikan satu 'paralel'. pernah makan makanan ringan? makanan ringan jikalau diterjemahkan dalam bahasa inggeris berbunyi 'junk food'. apa yang dimaksudkan dengan 'junk'? rujukan cepat ke wiktionary memberi maksud sama iaitu sampah atau barang lapuk. ding dang, tora, sugus, super ring - kesemuanya terkelompok dalam jenis makanan ringan. makanan ringan hanya memberi kesedapan 'artificial' tidak berzat dan hanya membuang masa jikalau dilihat daripada aspek faedah pemakanan. jadi di sini secara paralel, filem tersebut boleh saya kategorikan sebagai makanan ringan atau dalam bahasa inggerisnya, junk food. sebagai contoh, babak dalam surau yang memaparkan 'keinsafan' yang dikarikaturkan, walaupun menghiburkan (for some) kerana bersifat slapstik selain meringankan isu berat (agama) adakah ianya sama dengan menikmati juadah lazat lagi berzat yang mak you masak? you tell me. so you get the drift, it is 'sampah'. dan jikalau dibandingkan dengan tora, ianya agak mahal.
2) formula. okay i'm tired of writing in malay, as you can see above, writing in malay is not time efficient and im writing this on my lunch break. anyway, on formula, well, its a movie that combines rempit and hantu, so why not. i don't see a reason why shouldn't they also include the word gangster in the title which would probably rake in another 8 million or 12? but here's the thing, in any industry there should be an ethic to making money, in fact even religion says so. the movie brings more harm in its message than positive, feel free to argue on this. you see on top of the many millions they've raked in, they get additional cash from astro first. so i think it is only fair that the movie makers are more responsible in making money.
3) now how does one become responsible? simple, quality. and this is where the movie is clearly lacking. the plot defied logic, was too weak while being caught in a web of unnecessary subplots which weren't even resolved. you may say, "it's a comedy!" well my reply to that is yes its a comedy which deserves a punch in the face.
4) terlalu banyak 'kebetulan'. contohnyalah, in one scene where zizan and his girlfriend were having conversation, secara kebetulan abang si girlfriend muncul untuk 'sound' si zizan dan secara kebetulan juga kawan si zizan (tai) cuba membunuh diri di tempat berdekatan, kesemuanya terjadi dalam 'perfect sequence' - i see this as either nak jimat duit tanak pakai banyak location or the scriptwriter is plain amateurish - which means he doesn't know how to break up the scenes - like i said earlier this is 'junk food' material. but hey, they got 8 million anyway.
5) let's go back to junk food. if you have a kid, and you know he loves junk food, and you never educate them why junk food isn't good and if consumed excessively would bring harm - would he know? the same as movie-maker, i am not saying they should play a parenting role but more of a guidance, to guide the movie industry in the right path - which means being responsible at making money. when you have a kid, you will not have him stuck in standard 1 forever, right? so think about it.
6) i know for a fact that i am a nobody in this 'industry' (if you could call it that). but hey, i don't even want to be somebody or anybody, i'm fine being a small fry as long as i could still enjoy the stuff im doing. i'll still do it regardless of what you think. and yes, i'll still write about it even if you were to treat me like garbage cause the only thing you can't do is take one's mind away.
7) the choice is really ours, just so you know 'jangan pandang belakang' which i enjoyed was first produced in 2007, about half a decade ago. what we see today is just an evolution of that with slight modification, that the ghosts are now on wheels.
like i said, if this is the case, what's stopping "Bohsia Hantu Gangster"?
yang benar - small fry, redza minhat.