Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

situations

a) i had a rather awkward situation today. you see, one of the things i enjoy doing is petting stray cats. today i saw a cat, i tried petting him, he kept walking away slowly, so i followed him, he walked off slowly again, it went on and on for a while until i noticed a few aunties were watching me. my right hand was still in a weird position of trying to pet the cat. the cat ran off finally, giving me a glance before he disappeared. the aunties were still staring at me.

b) everytime i am on set to shoot dramas, i will always go through a situation where none of the actors know who i am. when they asked me works i have done in the past, i will always refer to theater stuff i've done. they would usually have this blank expression, like every ounce of interest had been sucked out from their skin. i will always go back to refer to pisau cukur - which i hate. the conversation will always end up with them saying "oh..." and me going off smoking under a tree somewhere.

c) it makes me happy when people want to take photos with me. however some situations are awkward like for instance when a girlfriend wants to take a picture and her boyfriend is operating the picture taking apparatus. i wonder what goes on in the boyfriend's mind. it gets even more awkward when the boyfriend then wants a photo.

d) sometimes when i watch plays, i would cringe looking at actors doing contrived actions like 'trying' to show how angry they are. sometimes it gets awkward when they were staring at me while doing that. i feel naked.

e) one of the weirdest moments in my career as a theater actor was during the staging of romeo and juliet back in 2004. it was a special performance, performed in front of the crown prince, raja nazrin. i played romeo. and during the climatic moment where romeo was about to dunk poison from the vial, this romeo amazingly waved the vial dramatically when he was trying to open the vial. the vial flew over rolling down the stage right in front of the crown prince. all that was left was a vial cap. that romeo drank poison from a vial cap and wished he really died. of course he didn't.

some people think i am weird. but then again, i don't think i am that weird, at least to me.

18 comments:

Amiera Dyana said...

you like cats? perhaps the cat likes you too, thats why he kept walking away to see how far you'll follow :)

fadh said...

hahahahaha! (especially a & e)

monaddiction said...

(A) happened to me this morning but instead of me trying to stroke it, it followed me from the train station to my office, only to be distracted by a small patch of grass by the roadside. Apparently this happened to me quite often. either they can sense that I'm a cat person or that I smelled 'fishy'. I hope its not the latter.

SUE said...

hehe..funny..and I'm also think that u're weird ;p

Mya said...

it makes me happy when people want to take photos with me <<- :-)

akubersamaCahya said...

that auntie admired you, i guess ;)

Fido109 said...

How did you get into theatrical performance? I am interested in theatrical performance but I'm not sure where to go.

Farah said...

dont worry. there's weird weird but you're good weird. that's if you know what i mean.

Anonymous said...

dude u sound smart, why dont u make a smart movie for a change, rather than our everyday melayu movies, u know , something that is..not lame

Mya said...

cuteness! =)

eizzaboharii said...

YOU ARE SO ADORABLE!

alhanasabrina said...

Lol you are def a funny guy. Every ounce of this post is funny. I want to take a picture w you ! :) and why do you hate yr part in pisau cukur ? I think you looked cute in that :B

Anonymous said...

you are not weird.. those people who think u are weird are the weirdos. Coz they have difficulty understanding u :)

have fun, be crazy, be weird!

p.s. but stop dissing my bruno mars! i know his songs are weird and didn't make sense but i like the weirdness! ;)

- Princess R

Miss Fireflies said...

what did u mean by situatio c)?? i dont get it..

Anonymous said...

Every time a man smiles, and much more when he laughs, it adds something to his fragment of life ~Laurence Sterne~

Izuan Kunang-Kunang said...

I somehow remember that I've seen you somewhere until you mentioned the Romeo & Juliet show. I was one of the member for make-up and costumes team for the show. I also remember some of the casts like Megat, Garnett, Juliana who played the nurse (she was awesome!!) and the guy who played Capulet which I forgot his name. The last show was fab when everyone sort of coloured their hair with red-gingery colour. You was so thin back then.. :)

ruffey said...

" it gets even more awkward when the boyfriend then wants a photo."

ROFL

lady D said...

this is my first time reading your blog.. and i loveeeeee this post!!! simply cute!